I’ve just wrapped up the 2nd week of “new member orientation” at our US Capitol in Washington, DC. I was in the air most of the day yesterday, so apologies my Tuesday note is coming on Wednesday!
My week in DC was hectic with organizational meetings, and getting through the basic logistics of putting a strong team together and getting the phone lines put in!
Many of you have e-mailed or called and have not yet gotten responses. I apologize for the delay and am doing my best to get back to you soon. Our official staff will not be on board until after January 3rd.
January 3rd is our official swearing-in date in Washington, DC. More details will be forthcoming. I don’t have any other details yet, but if you plan to join us in DC, stay tuned!
I’m so happy to be spending this week at home before heading out next week to a bipartisan policy week for all new members of Congress hosted by Harvard Kennedy School.
Here is just a snapshot of a few things I’m doing this week:
- Tomorrow at 6:30 a.m. I will be on KITV live for an interview, followed by a 7:10 a.m. live interview on KHON. Tune in on TV or online if you can!
- Meeting with Partners in Development Foundation, serving Hawai’i families.
- Keynote speaker at a graduation for Adult Corrections Officers.
- Stopping in at the Honolulu City Council’s Oahu Disaster Aftermath Conference.
- Speaking to my fellow Guard Soldiers and Airmen at the 376th National Guard Birthday Ball.
Last, but not least, I will have the honor of attending the Pearl Harbor Commemoration Services on December 7th.