Mark your calendar and save the date! We’ll be holding our first fundraising event on Tuesday, June 28th at the Velma McWayne Santos (Wailuku) Community Center from 5:30p – 7:30p. For ticket information, call (808) 280-1980 or email email@example.com. A limited number of tickets will also be available at the door at time of event. Hope to see you there!
The Maui County Democratic Convention is coming up! Please join us!
Date: Saturday, May 7, 2016
Location: Maui Waena Intermediate School Cafeteria
Time: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.; registration beings at noon.
Cost: $15 until Thursday, May 5; $20 thereafter and at door.
ONLINE REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED; PLEASE PAY AT THE DOOR.
Agenda for the convention includes:
– Resolutions, rule changes, party platform – submission deadline is on Monday, April 25, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to serve on the Maui County Resolutions, rule change or Party Platform Committee, please contact Blossom Feiteira.
– Update from State Legislature
– Updates from State Party/State Convention Preview
– Updates from Presidential Campaigns
– Updates from Statewide leaders
– Meet and greet with your respective District Chair and Precincts.
– Election of Maui County State Central Committee Members – application deadline is Tuesday, April 26 – to email@example.com along with paying for the $10 filing fee online – see below – proof of fee submittal should be included with application. Application is located HERE, but please note that because the seat being considered at the County Convention represents Maui County only – it must be submitted to the County and not the State. Those wishing to represent their District, must submit their form to the State and will be elected at the State Convention. Any alternate application submittal requests should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any candidate or organization wishing to have a banner or a table at the convention, may be a convention sponsor starting at $100. Email Troy Hashimoto for more information.
The Convention is open to any member of the Maui County Democratic Party or those interested in joining. Only members of the County Executive Committee, District Council, a Precinct President, First Vice-President or District Council Representative are eligible to vote on matters.
Email Maui County Chair Troy Hashimoto for more information.
Members of Precinct 8-4 and 8-7 have announced the reorganization of their precinct officers.
It will be held on Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 5:30pm located at 67 Waiale Road in Wailuku (across from Hash Car Wash).
For more information, contact District 8 Chair Christy Gusman.